Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Startup problem?

When I turn on my computer, my monitor won't show anything. Both the power lights and the "busy" lights are on, and if I connect the disc drive, its light is on also. What should I do? BTW, I enjoy duplicates of most of the parts.

Startup problem?

Video card might be the issue as stated, it could be a connection issue. I know this is chief, but it is over looked a lot, is the cable properly connected, no bent pins, and is the video card properly seated surrounded by it's slot. If this is a new problem and the computer have not had anything done to it, not moved or anything, afterwards I would have to agree that the video card may be at slate.
this sounds like a graphics card/ video card problem.
Check to see if the PS switch is on the correct voltage for the nouns you are in. 115/220. Had one that get accidentally switched.



I would then start beside unplugging your computer and doing a BIOS reset. Then unplug the memory, CPU, and all plug contained by cards and reseat them. If it still won't come up, unplug the CDRom, and hard drive ribbon cable and try to boot from a floppy drive. If it still won't come up, unplug the floppy drive and plug in the tough drive. If it still won't come up, you may either own a bad power supply or (shudder, shudder) a bleak motherboard.



Right off the bat I would suspect your intricate drive is the culprit.



GL.

No comments:

Post a Comment